To make your home appeal to the widest range of buyers, identify its strengths and weaknesses. Here are some of the most common property weaknesses and how you can turn them into strengths …
Weakness: The windows are outdated.
- Hanging new curtains is an easy way to update your property. Install a simple metal rod and hang a neutral curtain with metal rings.
Weakness: Your kitchen needs an update.
- Purchase new white goods for your kitchen to avoid the cost of a complete renovation. When you’re updating, think stainless steel as these appliances are popular and modern.
Weakness: There are small, ‘awkward’ spaces in your home.
- Hang a large mirror. Mirrors can make any space seem larger, so they’re especially important in an entryway or narrow hallway.
Weakness: Your house looks old.
- A fresh coat of paint and a top-to-bottom clean can work wonders to turn a rustic property into a character-filled dream. Highlight the period features of your property so the house becomes historic, not just ‘old’.
Weakness: There’s no furniture in your property.
- Have furniture in every room to demonstrate what it could be used for.
Are you selling your home? Contact your local Guild Member today.